US President Donald Trump has claimed that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would follow his direction regarding any potential military action against Iran, while also stressing that he is in no rush to reach a nuclear or ceasefire agreement with Tehran.
Speaking to reporters at the White House on Tuesday, Trump was asked about his recent conversation with Netanyahu concerning a possible strike on Iran. In response, he said, “He is fine. He will do whatever I tell him to do.”
The US president praised the Israeli leader, describing him as “a very good man” and “a wartime prime minister.”
Trump also addressed questions about a possible limited agreement with Iran aimed at reopening the strategic Strait of Hormuz and extending a ceasefire period. He said he felt “no urgency” to finalize a deal.
“We have to open the strait, which will be opened immediately, so we are going to give it a chance,” Trump said. “I’m not in a rush. Everybody says, ‘Oh, the midterm elections are coming.’ But I’m not in a rush.”
He added that, ideally, he wanted to see “very few people dying instead of many people dying.”
Trump’s remarks come amid heightened tensions in the Middle East following reports that Washington recently postponed a planned military strike on Iran. Since then, the US president has offered varying timelines for diplomacy with Tehran, saying he could wait “two or three days” or “a limited period of time” before reconsidering military options.
The latest comments are expected to further fuel international debate over the close coordination between the United States and Israel as fears of a broader regional conflict continue to grow.


